Here’s some basic things to do if after the storm you suspect you have some type of damage (hail/ wind):

1. Look for damage: After the storm has passed and if it is safe to go outside, walk around your house and look for damage on gutters, roof, siding, debris on the ground, etc. just to confirm and to have an idea of the scope of the damage.

2. Call a Professional Roofer: So you have storm damage, and if you have water going to the inside of your house because of blown off siding or shingles, or simply you have your outside walls and roof expose to the elements (rain) because of the storm, the best thing that you can do is call a professional roofer to cover the affected area to minimize interior damage, at the same time your roofer will be able to guide you to the process of filing an insurance claim.

3. Call your Insurance Company: The sooner you call them, the sooner they’ll take care of your claim and you won’t end up at the end of the line, make note, that all the insurance companies out there work differently and there’s no one size fits all.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s